Mr. Fakhroo holds a BSc degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Texas, Austin, USA; a postgraduate diploma in Business from the University of Bahrain, and an MBA degree in Marketing, also from UOB. He has also undergone extensive training and development programmes in Bahrain, the USA, Europe and the Far East.
Mr. Fakhroo joined GPIC in 1981 and currently holds the position of Human Resources Manager. Prior to this, he served as Marketing and Planning Manager for 20 years and 5 years as a Process Chemical Engineer.
Mr. Fakhroo also takes an active role in many committees and societies, including:
- Board Member of the High Council for Vocational Training
- Chairman of the Specific Council for Vocational Training in Industry (SCVTI) – Ministry of Labour
- Member of the AFA Economic Committee
- Board Member of the Civil & Social Work Fund – Ministry of Social Development
- Board Member of the Occupational Standard Committee – Ministry of Labour
- Ex-Member of the College of Science Council, University of Bahrain (UOB)
- Ex-Chairman of the GPCA Human Resources Committee and GPCA Steering Committee
- Ex-Board Member of the Bahrain Society of Engineers