Mr. Jassim Darwish is a Mechanical Engineer with a B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Florida (Gainesville-Florida), class of 1989. He began his working career on 11th August 1990 with Gulf Petrochemical Industries Co. (GPIC) as trainee graduate mechanical engineer. Having undergone extensive training and development both in Bahrain as well as overseas, and he has since held a number of senior positions in GPIC including Mechanical Supervisor, Turnaround Area Leader and Mechanical Superintendent in the Maintenance Department, culminating in his current position as GPIC’s Safety, Security, Health and Environment Manager.
Mr. Darwish, was also involved in the Urea Project from 1996 to 1998 during the engineering, construction and commissioning stages. He was also selected as one of the core team members in the Carbon Dioxide Recovery Plant Project in 2008/9.
Mr. Darwish also underwent an extensive programme with the University of Virginia-Graduate School of Business Administration in 2004 to further his professional abilities.
Beyond these achievements, Mr. Darwish has a high level of participation in various organisations and committees, holding a number of key memberships, such as:
- GPCA Responsible Care Committee
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- National Safety Council (NSC)
- Health & Safety Committee at the Arab Fertilizer Association (AFA)
- American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS)
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC)