GPIC launched its environmental programme in March 1992 with a Charity Garden. Built on an area of 1500 m2, this garden yielded more than 14 tonnes of vegetables and fruits that were donated to charities and families in need.

This garden was established to produce fruit and vegetables for donation to charities for the underprivileged. A small decorative garden next to the Administration Building was converted to a 1500 square meter vegetable garden which produces all types of seasonal vegetables. The vegetables are distributed to needy families in the immediate vicinity of the complex after harvesting. To date this garden had produced in excess of 14 tones of vegetables for charity.

GPIC also takes part in the Annual Garden and Vegetable show held under the patronage of His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, King of the Kingdom of Bahrain.

Fruit trees and date palms have been added to enhance the output of the Charity Garden.

To instill environmental responsibility into the hearts and minds of all employees, 16,000 m2 of land within the GPIC Complex were dedicated for employees to plant their own trees. The result is a green oasis with 80% of the trees donated by the employees and the remaining 20% planted by dignitaries visiting GPIC premises. This project raised the number of trees planted to more than 4700 and covered 90% of un-used land in the complex.

Search in GPIC Website